YASSSS!! Another hair challenge that you can easily and enjoy all of your days of summer.
How this hair challenge works:
- First you are going to get all of the products from Henna Sooq that you'll need for this hair challenge: Hibiscus Restorative Mask, Moroccan Argan Oil, 1 of our Cleansing CoWashes (your choice) and our Moroccan Hair Tea (if you shop today until July 5th, you can take 20% off using coupon code: SUMMERFUN20)
- Get yourself our eBook planner and journal
- Prepare to get to know your hair!
First, when it comes to wash day, ask yourself these questions: Does my hair feel dry? Does my hair feel dirty? Does it feel greasy? Is my scalp itchy? These questions will help you access what you need every week on your hair wash day.
For those feeling like their hair is dirty and greasy with an itchy scalp you will do the following:
- Week 1 or 3: Use our Cleansing CoWash to cleanse your hair. The shikakai inside the CoWash is very cleansing yet well balanced in moisture. Next, soak 1 of your Moroccan Hair Tea bags in about 3-4 cups of water (for 24 hours before washing for best results) and then use the liquid (not the herbs inside) to pour over your scalp and throughout your hair. Do not wash out the rinse but allow it to air dry in your hair (towel dry) and then apply Moroccan Argan Oil in small amounts throughout your hair onto damp hair strands. Dry and style as usual.
- Week 2 or 4: Apply the Hibiscus Restorative Mask onto damp hair strands by sections and allow to stay in the hair about 1-2 hours. Then rinse out and use the Cleansing CoWash as well. Moisturize on damp or dry hair strands with the Moroccan Argan Oil (small amount and spread throughout). Style as usual.
For those feeling like their hair is very dry and needs restoring from the heat you will do the following:
- Week 1 or 3: Pre-oil your hair the night before with our Moroccan Argan Oil. Proceed to wash your hair in the morning with 50/50 of each Hibiscus Restorative Mask and Cleansing CoWash mixed together. Use as a treatment to cleanse the hair right in the shower. No need to leave this in more then 30 minutes. Then rinse, moisturize, dry and style as usual. Use the Moroccan Argan Oil again if hair needs more moisture. This can be left in the hair.
- Week 2 or 4: Use the remainder of your Hibiscus Restorative Mask with added Moroccan Argan Oil (about 5-10 squirts from the bottle) for extra moisture and leave this in your hair for at least 1-2 hours. If you have a steamer or heat cap, do use those with this mask to add a lot of moisture back into the hair. After, you can use the Cleansing CoWash to wash and rinse it all out and then dry and style as usual.
For those who need an optional choice and something in between you can choose from the following:
- Make a hair tea spritz using one of the Moroccan Hair Tea bags (if you have extra you can freeze the leftover for next time, as the spritz will only last about 7 days in the fridge without a preservative). Here is a video on how to use your Moroccan Hair Tea. Use the hair tea spritz whenever, even if daily, your hair feels very dry. This will give it a lot of refreshing moisture and greatly reduce shedding. The ingredients in the Moroccan Hair Tea are amazing for hair growth and smell delicious
- Moroccan Argan Oil can be used as an overnight oiling treatment, as a leave in hair oil, added into other Ayurvedic hair recipes including your hair tea spritz or to moisturize the ends of dry hair. It can even be used on your face! Try using the Moroccan Argan Oil in these 30 days in various ways to find out what your hair likes best.
- Use the Cleansing CoWash whenever you want to moisturize and cleanse your hair at the same time and even use as a pre-poo.
For each wash day, write down exactly what you did and what your results were. This is the perfect method to know what your hair likes or doesn't like, reaching all of your hair goals and understanding your hair's needs.
Take part by sharing your progress on social media pages using hashtag #30dayhairchallenge
This challenge will run for the whole month of July 2021. In August we'll get into another hair challenge! So do stay tuned.
Please fill in the form below by the end of July*. We can't wait to hear how it went.
*Must submit below form no later then August 2, 2021 (11:59pm EST) to qualify for Henna Sooq gift. No extensions. No exceptions.