First and foremost we want to thank all of our clients for your continued support of our brand. It has been really trying for us to manage because we are down in staff as we are not allowing any outside staff. Luckily our family is large and we all live together. We are really proud of our family for stepping up and helping.
We are currently fulfilling orders and shipping them out at a rate of 3-4 business days after they are placed. USPS is still working in our area and picking up packages Monday through Friday.
I'm also working on brand new digital content with other women who want to help others especially so during this time. There is no better time then now to become self-sufficient, learn new skills and come out even stronger then before. We're in this together!
We also received an order from a major celebrity (no names will be mentioned, sorry!) that has me so excited! I really hope she loves the products and achieves all of her hair goals. So honored she chose my baby, Henna Sooq!
A few things I want to share that we have currently going on until April 30, 2020:
- FREE shipping on orders over $35 or more (USA only)
- 2X the reward points on every order
- FREE GIFT! Dropping April 5th. Stay tuned!
During this epidemic, one of the videos I made was about how to create a sanitary space and tips in your henna and Ayurvedic hair self care treatment days, while stopping the spread of the corona virus.
In this video we go through some really important tips on preventing the spread of the corona virus for your self care treatments and hair wash day. Not only are these tips essential to your own health and wellness for right now, but this seriously needs to be implemented moving forward. This is a time where we need to take and learn from this.
First things first.
- Wash your hands! Not for 2 seconds. Not for 5 seconds. At least 20-30 seconds and get under those nails!
- Wear gloves. We are still giving gloves with every order but there currently as of 3/22 a shortage on gloves and they are very hard to find. We can only provide what we have left. Update as of 5/2020 we are no longer giving gloves with orders.
- Clean all surfaces you're about to mix and do your treatment on. Use ammonia or alcohol based wipes. If you don't have those, use hydrogen peroxide or lemon, or white vinegar. Or even warm to hot soapy water. Dry your surface well.
- You can even use steam from your handheld hair steamer or your portable clothes steamer to kill bacteria off surfaces and tools you'll be using.
- Boil water and place your tools, hair clips, brushes and anything you've been using for self care (that won't melt!) into the boiling water for a few minutes. Clean those bad boys!
- If you can't find distilled water, then boil water that you will use for your hair treatments and recipes. Boil water for at least 1 minute to purify it or up to 3 minutes. Allow the water to cool to a temperature of warm to hot before using. Cold nor boiling liquids are beneficial to a henna nor Ayurvedic hair care treatments.
- Add Tea Tree oil to your cleaning products, hair treatments and oils as an anti-bacterial ingredient. Only a few drops are needed.
- No more plastic! Ditch the plastic spoons and bowls. They are highly porous and will retain bacteria. It's not recommended as it's not as sanitary. Use stainless steel or glass only.
- Freeze any leftovers. Do not leave it in the fridge as that can also attract bacteria. Freeze it and use later by thawing at room temperature. Do not reuse plastic bags whatsoever! Toss them out.
- Use paper towels to wipe away drips and messes and then throw those away after use.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and eyes.
Now that you've been watching videos on your phone or via social media, wipe off and clean your cell phone and computers. WIPE THEM DOWN DAILY!!!! Seriously. Set a reminder if you need to.
Side note: Don't use bleach. It's very toxic. Personally it gives me a headache and makes me feel nauseous. I thought it was all in my head until I looked it up and saw just how bad breathing in bleach is. YUCK!
I really hope this helps. We're all in this together. Let's get through this and come out even better then before. Mother Earth will thank us for giving her a break too.
If you have any more tips or comments please post them below. Would love to hear from you!
Be safe, healthy and blessings to you and yours. xo, Khadija
We also now offer one on one hair consultations, online courses and mobile services which can be booked here: BOOKINGS
Want to start your own 6 week hair regimen? Join our class: CLASSES