Organic Shea Butter
- Use Raw. Just take a dime amount in your palm and rub it all over your skin. The warmth from your hands will spread the butter all over, and deeply moisturize. Perfect for these extra dry winter months.
- Deep Conditioning Treatment. Gently, and slowly melt your organic shea butter in a pot on your stovetop. Use the liquid organic shea butter in your Ayurvedic hair recipes, by adding the liquid to any henna, or herbs you use and mix well. A small amount of liquid goes a long way. Use this recipe as a deep conditioning treatment. Leave on your hair 30 minutes to an hour. Wash out throughly. It is a heavy moisturizing treatment so extra shampooing may be needed.
- Whip your shea butter up! Soften your organic shea butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, or by placing it in a bowl and then floating it in a bowl of hot water. Using your softly melted (not liquid but softened only) shea butter add hair oils of your choice (cold pressed, and organic olive oil, grapeseed, golden jojoba, camellia, and argan oil are amongst the favorite oils used), and a choice of essential oils (such as organic oils of sweet orange, tea tree, lemongrass, rosemary, lavender, and clary sage are amongst the favorites essential oils used) blend with a hand blender thoroughly for 4-5 minutes or as desired. The more you blend/whip your shea butter recipe the more air your butter will get into it, making it more fluffy. The amount of time you blend is completely up to you, and your preference. For every 1 ounce of shea butter, you can add 1/2 tsp of hair oils, and about 2-3 drops of essential oil.
- Foot Treatment. Use your organic shea butter raw, and rub a thick layer all over your feet, including soles. Cover with a sock, and sleep with a this treament on overnight. In the morning, remove your socks, and shower as usual to remove excess butter. Heals cracked feet, and leaves feet feeling refreshed, nourished, and silky soft.
- Raw, Dry Skin Spots. Use raw to apply a thick layer on dry, and raw skin areas. Allow to deeply penetrate, and leave on either all day if comfortable for you, or as deep overnight treatment.
- Hair Sealant. Using melted liquid organic shea butter, or whipped shea butter, apply onto your hair as a leave in moisturizer. If this is too heavy for your hair, you can also just treatment dry, damaged areas, and ends. Use to seal, and hold your protective hair styles.
- Yes! Heat is ok. Can be used with heat treatments and styling.
- Scalp Soothing, and Healing. Organic shea butter will soothe, and heal irritated and inflamed scalp conditions.
- Perfect for all hair, and skin types.
Quantity: 8 oz
Ingredients: village made certified organic shea nut butter and certified organic rosemary extract (preservative)
During high heat (summer months), we are NOT responsible for melted shea butter. No replacements and no refunds will be issued based due to melting.
I absolutely love the smell and texture of this product. It can be used as it or melted. My hair and skin loves it. What I love is learning new recipes from Khadija! I have to keep this product on hand at all times.
I am so pleased with my recent Shea butter purchase. This is a good sized tub (1 lb) and reasonably priced! Just a little bit leaves my skin feeling nice & soft. I can't wait to make my own deep conditioning hair treatment.
I've been meaning to purchase shea butter to incorporate into my body and hair care routine for a long time but never got around to it since quality and price seem to vary a lot. When I noticed it for sale here I knew that I could trust the quality, and the price was right. It has far exceeded my expectations. It has a warm buttery smell and melts into a wonderfully rich texture that is perfectly smooth and easy to apply. I use it on the ends of my hair to seal in moisture after and protect and soften them between washes, and on my skin as well. I have very sensitive skin and was having an eczema flare up on my elbow so I decided to try this. Within two days it was completely gone. I also work with my hands so they are always in need of extra TLC and a little shea goes a long way! Very happy I purchased this, and I'd like to thank Khadija and the Henna Sooq family for another great product from a business I love supporting.
Must say I was very pleasantly surprised...rubbed the raw butter on my face and neck at night, woke up next morning with a radiant complexion...my blemishes dramatically faded and continue to fade with each application...got bold and made a hair butter and moisture cream...OMGawsh, i could never get soft 4c hair after drying until this product...like my hair is shiny, soft, and still moisturizerd, like WOW...it is really expensive but it comes with a LOT so if you carefully budget it's worth the hefty price...will definitely purchase again when I run out...bravo henna sooq, please don't change what you are doing, my skin and hair thank you :D
The butter arrived in a timely fashion nicely packaged and fresh. It melted in my hands and has the nutty aroma were told to look for, and it's resonably priced. I will be back when I run out.