Cocoveda Shampoo Bar
- Bulk Pricing:
- Buy in bulk and save
Our Cocoveda is one of our most popular shampoo bars. This ayurvedic, rich moisturizing bar stimulates hair growth with invigorating ginger essential oil. Organic coconut milk makes this bar a creamy bar packed with hair strengthening henna, and herbs.
You'll love our shampoo bars because:
- they're extra rich, and moisturizing
- 100% pure essential oils are used
- No artificial, or synthetic scents
- 100% natural
- These body bars will not strip the natural oils from your body
- pH balanced
- No SLS or foam booster
- No preservatives
- No detergents
- No petroleum based oils
- No residue
- Convenient for travel
- Great to shave with, as they create a layer of rich oils on your skin
- eliminates bumps from shaving.
Full size bar: 4.25 oz / 125 grams
Ideal for normal hair to dry hair
Ingredients: saponified unrefined organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, organic high oleic sunflower oil, organic coconut milk, organic henna, organic amla, shikakai, bhringraj, bhrahmi, ginger essential oil
Handcrafted by Henna Sooq
Lather with water in your hands, and rub bar between your wet hands. Natural lather and foaming will occur. Rub bar and/or foam all over your body. Wash off once cleansed.
We recommend that you break pieces off your full size bar and use a little bit at a time to make your bar last longer. Keep out of water, and allow to dry completely after use.
Sorry to say, that I hated this bar shampoo. It didn't feel like it was cleaning my hair at all. My hair felt, like I poured muddy oil all over it. When my hair dried, it felt heavy and dirty feeling. I am Caucasian, with light brown hair, that is very dry, but this did my hair absolutely no good. The only thing I can say good was the shipping was quick, and I appreciated that.
I gave it to my sister because she wanted to try it, she also has very dry hair, from using chemical dyes. It also did the same on her hair, and she did not like it either.
HS Reply: Thank you for leaving your review and your feedback. This bar is very rich for sure especially this one. Did you try using an ACV rinse afterwards or our cleansing cowash to balance that out? I would recommend a lighter bar for your hair such as the Sweet Honey Shampoo bar or just use one of our hair washes.
The Cocoveda shampoo bar is absolutely amazing. Ive been wanting to incorporate Henna into my regimen for a while now, but my skin and hair can be very sensitive to any little adjustment. I figured this bar would allow me to slowly add henna without experiencing any adverse reactions. I was hesitant about purchasing, but I’m glad that I did. Im EXTREMELY IMPRESSED with this shampoo and Henna Sooq as a company. The shampoo bar lathered amazingly and the lather was sooo soft and soothing. I have 3c/4a curls that are normal porosity and they love this shampoo. My hair was left soft and shiny, and moisturized but felt very strong and clean. Glad I decided to give it a try! Definitely gonna stock up on this amazing bar soon.
Update shampoo bars are just not for me, bought a 18 stage shower filter and my hair reacted the once again. Also it's messing with my curls!!!!!!
HS Reply: Sorry to hear that. If you can share more information as to how it's messing with your curls can you email us? It is too heavy (moisture rich) for your hair?
This is a amazing shampoo bar with that said, I know many of us experienced some type of film or waxy feeling on our hair after using. It's not the soap it's the hard water that we're using, I'm working on getting a shower filter because of that.
I love the Cocoveda Shampoo Bar! To preface, I purchased a few of these a couple years ago, and at the time my regime was still a work in progress, so I wasn't sold on them initially, probs bc I had build-up, didn't know to clarify, used less than stellar products, I could go on.... Well, FF to now, and wow - how I've missed out! I tried this bar 8 and 15 days apart, and got the same results:
- FARRRRR less shedding - like honestly, about 60% less.
- I can detangle during my wash, saving me poo products, time, hair loss, and energy.
- Hair felt SO soft, was shiny, less brittle, etc., right after shampooing with this bar
- When I DC'ed my hair was NOTICEABLY broken down & barely had any frizz - I have 3C/3B/4A (ordered by the % present on my head), LOWEST OF THE LOW porosity hair, w/dense strands.
- IDK if it's possible, but I swear this bar is shifting my hair to be less low po, and more towards regular porosity - I say this bc my hair was almost IMMEDIATELY wet the 2nd time using this bar, and I noticed it again. THAT. NEVER. HAPPENS. Water normally just sits on top of my hair never penetrating until several minutes later.
- Hair was squeaky clean
I am just so pleased! Now since I was using old bars, I checked the ingredients, and saw that ingredients 1 & 3 switched places on the new bars, so sunflower oil is #3 & shea butter is now #1. IDK if that will effect these results...O_o I only have 1/2 a bar of the old formula left, soooo....