WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- body art quality henna powder
- bottled lemon juice and warm to hot distilled water
- 100% pure essential oils for body art
- sugar, preferably fructose, or raw sugar or molasses
HOW TO MIX HENNA INTO PASTE
- Take 2 tbsp of henna powder (about 25 grams of henna) and place it into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar of your choice and blend well.
- Heat your liquid (about 1/4 cup) to warm (not boiling) on the stove and add it slowly to your henna powder. Mix well until it is the consistency of a thick mud.
- Add 1 tsp of body art essential oil. Mix well.
- Allow your henna paste (cover or uncovered) to sit 4-5 hours
- Do a quick stain test. Take a small amount of paste and place it on your palm. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Wash it off with water and check for a bright orange pumpkin stain. If there is no bright stain then let the henna paste continue to sit 1-2 hours and repeat the stain test. If it does give you a bright pumpkin stain, continue to the next step.
- You may need to add more of your liquid to thin the paste out to a yoghurt or pancake like consistency. If you're unsure please reference our Videos.
- Once the consistency, is the way you like it, use it or cone/bottle it up right away. If you decide to cone/bottle it up, then you can freeze it until you're ready to use it.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HENNA DESIGN AND GET DARK STAINS
HOW DO I STORE MY HENNA?
Henna powder can be kept in a cool, dark place. Henna paste can be stored in the freezer for 6-12 months.
Too much liquid? If you add too much liquid, add a little more henna powder to adjust as needed.