Coconut milk is packed with rich, nourishing fats that your hair will love. It also acts as a protein booster in your henna recipe. So if you're looking for a very rich moisturizing hair mask with protein, then this recipe is for you!
For this recipe you'll need:
- 50 grams of henna powder
- 6-8 ounces of coconut milk
- Optional, some water to hot distilled water
Note: this recipe will be enough for shoulder length hair of average thickness. You can double this recipe as needed for your hair length and thickness.
- Place your henna powder into a bowl
- Slowly mix in your coconut milk to make a creamy and smooth recipe
- The end result should be a hair mask that is the consistency of thick yoghurt to pancake batter consistency. If you have locs, you can thin this recipe out with more warm to hot distilled water.
Prewash your hair with one of our Hair Washes or Shampoo Bars. Leave this treatment in your hair for 1-2 hours. Please note this may slightly color your hair (reddish tint or highlight depending on your natural hair tone). If your hair is very dry, please use a steamer as well. Rinse out with our Cleansing CoWash and a strong flow from your shower head or use a handheld shower wand.
You can watch my full video on how to mix this recipe and find out more about how amazing coconut milk and henna are together in a treatment.