Moroccan henna powder is a natural hair dye that will color your hair a beautiful rich copper tone and blends really well with indigo to create brown to black tones. Due to it's fast dye release, and how it maintains it's red results, it's one of our most popular henna powders for hair dyeing.
THE INSIDE SCOOP
This henna is one of our most sought out henna powder for not only dyeing your hair, fast dye release but also for it's hair strengthening benefits.
- is triple sifted so it easily washes out of your hair
- helps control dandruff and other scalp ailments
- has a very fast dye release
- best henna powder for blending with indigo to create brown to black hair colors
- can be used as a protein treatment
- naturally thickens hair strands and adds shine
Henna hair dyeing treatments should be repeated every 4-6 weeks or root touch ups as needed in between colorings. Henna can be used to create a gloss or conditioning mask treatment that can be done every 2-3 weeks. Henna might loosen your curl pattern, should this apply. You can add amla or zizyphus powder as treatments to enhance and maintain curls and volume. We highly recommend that aloe vera powder is added or one of our hair oils to your henna recipe for added moisture as henna can be drying without.
Directions: Mix Moroccan henna with warm to hot distilled water and allow to sit 1-2 hours for dye release. Prewash your hair with one of our hair washes or shampoo bars. Apply onto damp hair strands and allow to remain in your hair for 3-4 hours for a full color treatment and to cover grey hairs. When doing a henna hair strengthening mask leave in hair 1-2 hours. Use a heat cap if you would like to cut the time it stays in your hair in half. Rinse out with our cleansing cowash then moisturize, dry and style as usual for best results.
Storage: We recommend you store henna in a cool dark place, fridge or freezer and away from moisture.
Do note this is the only henna powder that does not freeze well. We recommend it be made in small fresh batches.
On average you'll need to use about this much according to your hair length:
Above ear length: 50-75 grams
Shoulder length: 100-125 grams
Bra strap length or mid-back: 150-175 grams
Lower back (above hips): 200 to 225 grams Hip/Waist length: 250 to 300 grams
Quantities vary depending on your hair length, and thickness or amount of hair.
Moroccan Henna for Body Art
Moroccan henna is a natural henna powder that will dye the skin a beautiful rich copper-red stain that lasts 7-10 days. This henna powder also has a very fast dye release and can be used in a pinch when henna is needed quickly.
THE INSIDE SCOOP
This henna is one of our most unique henna powders for body art. It has a fast dye release but the stain takes longer to fully develop but once it develops it is really gorgeous!
- is triple sifted
- smooth and creamy with a bit of elasticity
- can create up to 75-100 medium sized designs
- perfect henna to use when you need it ready fast
- cannot be frozen
- procured from a specially selected harvest of henna leaves
- 100% plant based
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- body art quality henna powder
- bottled lemon juice and warm to hot distilled water
- 100% pure essential oils for body art
- sugar, preferably fructose, or raw sugar or molasses
HOW TO MIX HENNA INTO PASTE
- Take 2 tbsp of henna powder (about 25 grams of henna) and place it into a glass or stainless steel bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar of your choice and blend well.
- Heat your liquid (about 1/4 cup) to warm (not boiling) on the stove and add it slowly to your henna powder. Mix well until it is the consistency of a thick mud.
- Add 1 tsp of body art essential oil. Mix well.
- Allow your henna paste (cover or uncovered) to sit 4-5 hours
- Do a quick stain test. Take a small amount of paste and place it on your palm. Leave it on for 2-3 minutes. Wash it off with water and check for a bright orange pumpkin stain. If there is no bright stain then let the henna paste continue to sit 1-2 hours and repeat the stain test. If it does give you a bright pumpkin stain, continue to the next step.
- You may need to add more of your liquid to thin the paste out to a yoghurt or pancake like consistency. If you're unsure please reference our Videos.
- Once the consistency, is the way you like it, use it or cone/bottle it up right away. If you decide to cone/bottle it up, then you can freeze it until you're ready to use it.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR HENNA DESIGN AND GET DARK STAINS
HOW DO I STORE MY HENNA?
Henna powder can be kept in a cool, dark place. Henna paste can be stored in the freezer for 6-12 months.
Too much liquid? If you add too much liquid, add a little more henna powder to adjust as needed.